Bakes: Lavender Honey Cupcake



I have been on a very long hiatus on my baking journey. I cannot seem to find time for it. Since recess week is around the corner, I finally decided to get my hands on baking. I baked a batch of Lavender Honey Cupcakes today with the help of my two good friends!

I did it without the icing because I was really blur. I still cant believe I threw away a whole bag of icing sugar. Well, I'll try it another time.

I quite like this recipe as my cupcake came out really moist but just a little too sweet and with a little too much lavender. Here's where I got the recipe from and I suggest a few tweaks:

Ingredients
1/2      cup butter
2         eggs
1 3/4   cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2   teaspoons baking powder
1         teaspoon dried lavender
1/2      teaspoon salt
1/2      cup sugar
1/4      cup honey
1         teaspoon vanilla
2/3      cup milk
Directions

         1.  Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line forty-eight 1-3/4-inch muffin cups or eighteen 2- 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, a teaspoon lavender (that is pounded), and the salt. Set aside.

        2.  Preheat oven to 175 degrees . In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, honey, and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until mixture is combined.

       3.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.

      4.   Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for 1-3/4-inch cupcakes (or 16 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.

Honey Frosting 
5         ounces cream cheese or mascarpone cheese (2/3 cup or 144 grams)
3         tablespoon butter
1/4      cup honey
1/2      teaspoons vanilla
3         cups powdered/icing sugar
I have added the recipe for the frosting if you want to try them!



0 comments:

Post a Comment